Friday, April 20, 2007

Do you have an Exhibition Resume ....

If you are unfamiliar with my blog, you should look at some of the archive entries to get a feel for what this is all about. I've been renting this studio/gallery loft for 2 years. I've completed about 14 large canvases. During the first year the gallery area of the loft was open to the public. Lately, I decided to concentrate on my painting and not continue with exhibits except for the occasional "by invitation" exhibit. My next step is to find an established gallery large enough for an exhibit of my work. Basically, I need to begin marketing my work. I've retyped my exhibition resume, something all artists should have. The exhibition resume lists all of the shows where you've exhibited work. If the show was juried, you include the juror's name in the resume. It always helps to have a well-known artist jury the show. In addition the resume should list if the show was reviewed and if a catalog was published. Some artists have very long resumes. I read recently about an artist who had a 30 page resume! Must be nice to be able to do so much fine art work. My resume starts out in the 70s and centers on the 80s as the most productive period. Beginning in the 90s things drop off. But right now in the mid 2000s I'm producing a lot of work that I hope will lead to some hot shows. I need to add a second page to my resume. We will see what happens.

No comments: